CORVALLIS, Ore. –
Seven members of the 2017 Oregon State cross country team garnered Pacific-12 Conference All-Academic honors, commissioner Larry Scott announced Wednesday.
Junior Juliana Mount was named to the first-team for the first time in her career. Redshirt-junior Gwyneth McMorris was a second-team honoree. Seniors Holly Cavalluzzo and Kala Kopecek, juniors Nicole Goecke and Sam McKinnon, and sophomore Emily Bacon all earned honorable mention.
To be eligible for academic honors a student-athlete must maintain a minimum 3.0 overall grade-point average and be either a starter or a significant contributor. Every member of the 2017 team who met all of the eligibility requirements was honored.
Follow Us on Social
- Mount is a pre-communication major from San Jose, Calif. who has a 3.87 GPA. Mount earned second-team honors in 2016.
- McMorris is a speech communication major from Corvallis who has a 3.83 GPA. It is her first all-academic honor.
- Cavalluzzo is an exercise and sport science major from Montgomery, N.Y. who holds a 3.13 GPA. This is the third honorable mention honor of her career.
- Kopecek is a chemical engineering major from San Pedro, Calif. who has a 3.39 GPA. This is the second honorable mention all-academic honor.
- Goecke is an apparel design major from Bush Prairie, Wash. who has a 3.61 GPA. She was also an honorable mention last season.
- McKinnon is a public health major from Meridian, Idaho who holds a 3.32 GPA. This is the second honorable mention all-academic selection of her career.
- Bacon is a university exploratory studies major from Newport Beach, Calif. who holds a 3.15 GPA. This is her first all-academic selection.
For more information on the Oregon State women's cross country team, visit OSUBeavers.com or follow the team's official Twitter account at Twitter.com/BeaverTFXC, on Facebook at Facebook.com/BeaverTFXC, or on Instagram at Instagram.com/BeaverTFXC.
Oregon State Athletics' Everyday Champions Culture
Through the power of sport, we help people discover and pursue their passions, talents and purpose in order to live a life of balance and positive contribution.