vs. Utah State | Aug. 26 | 10:00 a.m.
vs. Portland | Aug. 26 | 7:00 p.m.
vs. Seattle | Aug. 27 | 7:00 p.m.
Corvallis, Ore. | Gill Coliseum
All Times Pacific
• Oregon State opens its 2016 slate when hosting the Ultra Ankle Challenge at Gill Coliseum.
• The Beavers, who are hosting their first tournament since 2011, open the season by taking on Utah State Friday at 10 a.m. PT.
• OSU will also play Portland at 7 p.m. Friday, before closing out the weekend by taking on Seattle Saturday at 7 p.m.
• A live video stream will be available for all three matches featuring the Beavers. Visit OSUBeavers.com to watch.
• Live stats will be available for all six matches during the tournament - including those not featuring Oregon State.
• To access live stats, via your computer, smartphone, or tablet, visit OregonState.StatBroadcast.com or osubeavers.com.
• Oregon State volleyball has a presence on social media and fans have a number of avenues to follow the team. Find the Beavers on the following social media accounts:
• Twitter: BeaverVBall
• Instagram: BeaverVBall
• Facebook: OregonStateVolleyball
• Tickets to the tournament are available by visiting BeaverTickets.com or by calling 1-800-GOBEAVS.
• Fans are encouraged to donate school supplies at the Ultra Ankle Challenge. Those who do will receive $5 admission.
Against The Field
• All three teams at the Ultra Ankle Challenge have a recent history with the Beavers. OSU has played all three each within the last three seasons.
• OSU is 2-1 all-time against Utah State, last defeating the Aggies in five sets in 2014 in Ogden.
• The following weekend, in 2014, the Beavers swept Seattle in three sets in Seattle. Oregon State is 5-0 all-time against the Redhawks.
• The Beavers have a 41-7 all-time mark against Portland, last winning at UP in three sets in 2013.
• Mary-Kate Marshall
needs 53 kills to become the 15th player in Oregon State history to reach that plateau.
• Marshall was named to the Pac-12 Conference's preseason first team.
• Oregon State's last three head coaches won their first matches. Jeff Mozzochi defeated Utah in 1993, Nancy Somera defeated Portland State in 1999 and Taras Liskevych's squad defeated Portland in 2005.
• Katelyn Driscoll
needs one kill for 600 for her career. She is 48 shy of breaking into the top 30 in OSU history.
• The Beavers welcome seven newcomers to the program in 2016. Twelve letterwinners return to the team.
• OSU swept through its last hosted tournament, in 2011, defeating CSU Bakersfield, Loyola Marymount and Seattle. The Beavers won nine of their 10 sets.
• In addition to Mark Barnard
's first year as head coach - 12th with the program - he will be assisted by Laura DeBruler
and Ron Zwerver
, both in their first years.
• DeBruler is an All-American from her playing career at Illinois while Zwerver won Gold with The Netherlands at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta. He also won Silver in 1992 in Barcelona.