The Oregon State women's soccer team will continue its homestand this weekend as it faces Stephen F. Austin on Friday night starting at 7:30 p.m., before playing Nebraska on Sunday at noon. Sunday's match will also be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.
OREGON STATE ATHLETICS' EVERYDAY CHAMPIONS CULTURE
|A WIN ON FRIDAY WOULD
• Be the 239th win in program history.
• Be OSU's first win against SFA (second meeting).
• Be HC Linus Rhode's first win over SFA (second meeting).
• Be the Beavers first win of the season.
• Sunday's match will mark the second meeting between Oregon State and Stephen F. Austin.
• The Ladyjacks hold a 1-0 advantage going into the non-conference battle.
• The series started back in 2014 with SFA winning 2-0 at Nacogdoches, Texas.
SCOUTING THE LADYJACKS
• SFA finished the 2015 season with an 9-8-2 overall record.
• The Ladyjacks finished first in the Southland Conference with a record of 8-1-2 to earn its 13th title.
• SFA made it to the SLC tournament semifinals, before suffering a 1-0 loss to Southeastern Louisiana.
• HC for the Ladyjacks is Wally Crittenden in his fourth season and has compiled a 41-14-2 overall record.
• The Beavers continue play at home next week, hosting a pair of non-conference games against North Texas and Boise State.
• Oregon State will welcome the Mean Green on Friday for a 5 p.m., match at Paul Lorenz Field.
• OSU will host the Broncos on Sunday at 1 p.m.
|A WIN ON SUNDAY WOULD
• Could be the 240th win in program history.
• Be OSU's first win against Nebraska (first meeting).
• Be HC Linus Rhode's first win over Nebraska (first meeting).
• Could be the Beavers second win of the season.
• Be the first win against a Big-Ten team since defeating Purdue in 2011, 1-0.
• Sunday's match will mark the first meeting between Oregon State and Nebraska.
SCOUTING THE HUSKERS
• Nebraska finished the 2015 season with an 8-7-2 overall record.
• The Huskers finished tied for ninth in the Big Ten.
• Despite not qualifying for the NCAA Tournament, the Huskers have made it 11 times since 1995, including eight showings in the Sweet Sixteen and two in the Elite Eight.
• HC for the Cornhuskers is John Walker in his 23rd season and has compiled a 298-140-29 overall record.
• Nebraska will face Oregon on Friday night before playing the Beavers on Sunday.
FOLLOW THE RHODE
• OSU head coach Linus Rhode is in his ninth season.
• He has guided the Beavers to three NCAA Tournament appearances, including a Sweet 16 run in 2009.
• He has notched 72 wins and four winning seasons.
Through the power of sport, we help people discover and pursue their passions, talents and purpose in order to live a life of balance and positive contribution.